Wednesday 8 August 2012

Star Wars 40k Titan Conversions - Help Needed!

Hey folks, does anyone out there have a picture of a Star Wars scout walker (AT ST) converted into a 40k titan? I remember seeing one a long time ago, way back in the late 80s or early 90s, and I believe it was in a White Dwarf. I've searched the web and all I could find was an interesting discussion on a Tau forum about Star Wars 'counts-as' armies and a rather nifty conversion of the AT AT walker, pictured below:

Converted AT AT
The reason I'm asking is that I took my son to an 'antique' toy store today and the guy there had loads of Star Wars walkers at very reasonable prices - £15 - just as a modelling challenge, I fancy doing a (heavily converted!) homemade titan based on the AT ST: I think it could look rather good as a warhound, perhaps with Forge World weapon arms attached...

Ah, the memories...!

4 comments:

  1. Yes I have a picture of the model you are discussing. It was built by Tony Cottrell and appears on page 38 of Fantasy Miniatures. I have uploaded a copy to my scribd account.

    Here's the link

    http://www.scribd.com/doc/97536258/Fantasy-Miniatures-1989

    Hope that helps.

    Orlygg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! Thank you so much for that, you are a true gent :-)

      Delete
  2. If I remember correctly the carapace was made out of an old Red Scavenger Zoid image here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha, the pieces all fall into place. Many thanks for that.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...