Sunday 25 November 2012

Alternative Nurglings Using Scibor Goblins, And Other Unclean Thoughts

First of all I should say that I picked up these Scibor goblins from the sinking ship Maelstrom Games, so they were a fraction of their normal price. Secondly, the idea for using them as alternative nurglings came to me as part of a more general money-saving-through-making-the-most-of-what-I-already-have scheme. So the idea is simply to base these up three to a 40mm round base and, hey presto, there you have it. I actually really like these as nurgling stand-ins. They have a little more substance to them than the GW offerings, which are OK, but I've never been particularly keen on them as grinning tiny impish things. These retain some of the impishness and fragility and also benefit from fitting into the look of my 40k Nurgle force more generally.


I also have these five old style plaguebearers, to which I'll add ten more from the new plastics.


And here's an old style Great Unclean One - stripped and pinned (my goodness, did that take a while!). Rumours abound that all the greater daemons will be replaced with new and suitably scaled-up plastic kits sometime around February, so I'm going to use this guy as a Herald of Nurgle, with him counting as riding a palanquin.

4 comments:

  1. Can you strip and pin my (similar vintage) Great Unclean One for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "suitably scaled-up plastic kits"

    The current metal/finecast(?) greater daemons are already much larger than the previous ones. Anyone still using those older metal ones will soon be really annoying the TLoS fans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really made me laugh because my brother is slowly putting together a Realm of Chaos era classic chaos army. Now I know why!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...