Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Crazed Cohort Of Converted Chaos Cultists

When the CSM codex came out I thought a massed mob of the maximum number of 35 cultists was an excellent way to fill a troops slot. Looking at this lot now I'm not so sure... It's going to take a while to paint all these crazies up. Just look at all the little buggers!


To keep the task enjoyable I've kitbashed many of these using ghoul arms in the most part. Other changes have involved swapping arms and weapons around, then melting all the gaps with additional plastic shavings to give them a misshapen and mutated look. The melting approach is fun, swift and effective, and involves no greenstuff. All you need is a radiator to dry them on so that the melty gluey plastic stays in the pose you want. I'll be keeping the colour scheme very basic with these otherwise it'll take me weeks to get them done. The same green tones as the CSM on weapons and boots, simple flesh, then white hoods and clothing. Simple. 

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the progress on these...

    I sometimes use plastic shavings with poly-cement to fill gaps too, but does the radiator thing work to dry it faster?

    I just tend to put the figure to one side and work on something else for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd thought about doing the poly-cement trick before but never tried it. It works a treat on simple minis without much detail. I have no idea if the radiator helps, perhaps it just feels like it does!

      Delete
  2. Good luck sir, that lump of plastic looks well intimidating to me! o_0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Hopefully plenty of Nurgle-goodness on the way

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...