Thursday 25 July 2013

John Blanche Illustrations From The Sorcery Spell Book

Our regular gaming nights currently involve a romp over the Shamutanti Hills as GM Andy guides his semi-competent players in typical semi-tolerant fashion (we do test his patience...). To aid my sorcerer, Andy handed me a copy of the Sorcery Spell Book during our last session. Not only did it help me sift through all the spells, it also gave me the chance to snap a few photos of the John Blanche illustrations within. Here are a few of my favourites...






3 comments:

  1. Cool, I'm going to try and guess which spells go with the pictures.

    1. WEE: Make a hairy enemy need a wee. Ingredient: Some wee.

    2. ZOM: Raise undead dragon. Ingredient: A dead dragon.

    3. BEE: Summon bee from far away. Ingredient: A stick.

    4. FUZ: Cause excessive hair growth on oneself that alarms goblins. Ingredient: A comb.

    5. FOZ: Cause excessive hair growth on oneself that beguiles rodents. Ingredient: Some cheese.

    6. HUH: You may flick forward to check the next path before you officially choose it and thus make it real. Ingredient: A forefinger.

    Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on :-) I particularly like the idea of beguiling rodents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know when having a little ratty friend could be the difference between a 'Turn to paragraph 400' moment and the dreaded 'Your adventure ends here'.

      They are cool pictures by the way.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...