Tuesday 15 April 2014

Genestealer Cult Valkyrie / Vendetta Gunship

Back with the Genestealer Cult today and here are a few WIP shots of my Valkyrie/Vendetta gunship. I've used the lascannons from a Land Raider conversion kit and fixed them onto the main hull so that it can act as either variant of the flyer. It was when I started working with this big kit that I realised that I needed to add a strong contrast colour into the mix. I went for the flame red ink (as discussed in earlier posts) and I'm extremely pleased with how it looks; to my eye it brings out the best in the greens and vice versa. Next up will be the WIP Baneblade. Progress is obviously slow... really slow... because I'm working on all the mech together, but - hey! - this is a real life hobby blog and I'm never going to be one of those guys who can finish a newly released kit over the weekend it hits the stores. As well as being Oldhammer affiliated I'm also Slow Hobby affiliated. If that's a thing. It should be.



2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic mate.
    Your painting technique is working nicely, it's almost like a pen and wash drawing in 3D.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very kind words. That really is the effect and style that I'm trying to develop so it's great to hear some positive feedback.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...